Director, Investment Advisor
As a Director in the Client Services team, your primary responsibility is to lead and coordinate client advisory services. You will provide top-tier advice on a wide range of investment services to institutional investors, such as defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, endowments, and foundations. These services encompass various aspects, including defining investment objectives and beliefs, strategic asset allocation, investment management structures, manager selection, performance measurement and evaluation, investment manager monitoring, custodian and record keeper selection, transition advice, and investment policy statements. You will collaborate closely with senior advisors, clients, fund managers, and other teams within the organization, gradually taking on greater responsibility for client relationships and intellectual capital development. In some cases, you may receive support from investment analysts. Additionally, you will play a role in expanding our investments in Canada, involving business development and marketing.
Please note that this job posting does not offer sponsorship or assistance in obtaining nonimmigrant work visas.
1. Lead and co-lead initiatives with our investment advisory clients, ensuring the delivery of high-quality advice and timely services.
2. Contribute to a wide array of services for investment and pension committees.
3. Manage customer service teams to efficiently deliver services to clients.
4. Support the execution of large-scale mandates.
5. Build and maintain trusted client relationships, upholding consistent and superior management of these relationships.
6. Deliver work in accordance with the standards of Professional Excellence.
7. Efficiently utilize resources to complete deliverable work.
8. Collaborate with internal teams to better align with customer needs and objectives.
9. Provide valuable feedback to junior advisors, contributing to their professional development.
10. Oversee projects and financial data related to client services.
– Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement; professional qualifications (CFA, FSA, MSc, and MBA) are highly advantageous.
– A minimum of fifteen years of investment experience, with progressively responsible roles, ideally in a customer service-focused environment (advisory, investment management, or portfolio management).
– Strong focus on customer satisfaction and a proven track record in customer relationship management.
– Proficiency in project management and relevant experience.
– Understanding of investment management organizations and their role in client solutions.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English, with the ability to bridge internal and external groups.
– Team player with comfort in a professional services environment, and effective communication at all organizational levels.
– Willingness to mentor junior colleagues to contribute to talent development.
– Some travel required.