Senior Power System Engineer /A production interconnection engineer
Do you support the vision of a carbon-free electricity grid? Are you passionate about expediting the connection of renewable projects to the grid? DNV Energy Systems Group offers an exciting opportunity for a Generation Interconnect (GI) Engineer within the Renewables & Power Grids team. Our team focuses on providing innovative and practical solutions to stakeholders in electricity generation, transmission, and distribution. The GI Engineer should possess vision, drive, and a commitment to advancing the energy systems consulting business in North America. The ideal candidate should identify market opportunities, manage commercial projects, and deliver exceptional technical expertise and customer service. This position is ideally based in our DNV offices in Toronto, Montreal, or Calgary.
Highlights from the comprehensive job description
– Daily Commute Support
– Dental Coverage
– Disability Benefits
– Life Insurance
– Educational Scholarships
– Paid Time Off
– Flexibile Work Hours
– Paid Holidays
– Assistance Program for Employees
– Develop steady-state, dynamic, short-circuit, and PSCAD models for renewable and conventional generation resources, including solar, storage, wind, and gas turbines.
– Conduct model benchmarking and system-wide power flow analysis, encompassing steady-state, dynamic stability, and short-circuit analysis.
– Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in grid reliability and energy markets.
– Act as a Project Manager for small to medium projects.
– Actively participate in industry stakeholder meetings and stay updated on market developments and policy changes.
– Contribute to the team’s research and innovation efforts to enhance performance and efficiency.
– Foster new client relationships, assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and provide Statements of Qualifications (SOQs) for new opportunities.
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
– In-depth knowledge of electric power systems and renewable energy fundamentals.
– At least 4 years of hands-on experience with power system tools like PSS/E, PowerWorld, and PSCAD.
– Direct experience in transmission and distribution planning, especially related to resource interconnection.
– Familiarity with North American RTO/ISO markets, grid interconnection, and planning practices.
– Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
– Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
– Proficient in written and verbal English communication.
– Active Professional Engineer (PE) License.
– Graduate-level degree with a focus on Electric Power Systems.
– Hands-on experience with power system analysis software packages such as TSAT, TARA, ASPEN, PSLF, CYME, ETAP, and more.
– Track record in project management or completion of project management-related training.
– At least three years of experience in resource interconnection working with a consultant.
– Proficiency in automation scripts like Python.
Immigration-related employment benefits, including visa sponsorship, may be available for this position.
At DNV, we are dedicated to promoting equal employment opportunities and building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Our hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs, without discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the application and hiring process. For more information about your rights under the law, please refer to the provided link.
DNV offers a range of benefits, including generous paid time off, various medical and dental benefit plans, spending accounts, an Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, tuition assistance, and more. We also provide flexible work schedules and opportunities for advancement. A relocation allowance may be available for candidates willing to move to Dallas, TX.
To learn more about DNV and explore career opportunities, please visit our website.